Last month Klaviyo founder Andrew Bialecki shared some interesting numbers:
- Klaviyo's customer base tripled in 2020.
- There are over 100,000 startup businesses using Klaviyo for free, and over 200,000 total users worldwide.
- Klaviyo partners have doubled.
- Merchants made $15 billion in sales using Klaviyo in 2020. That's a 50% YoY increase!
On the heels of these stats came back-to-back announcements about two major updates.
Here's the scoop:
Announcement 1: Klaviyo SMS
Klaviyo is officially rolling out its SMS tool globally.
If you've been on the fence about trying SMS marketing, now's your chance.
- Conversational SMS allows you to communicate with your subscribers in a back-and-forth format. You know, like an actual conversation with an old pal.
- Easily integrate mobile forms that can kick off an SMS flow the same way you now setup your email flows.
- Klaviyo's not new to the data game, and their SMS upgrades are no exception. Use your customer profile data in all your SMS communication for a more personalized experience.
- Klaviyo will not double attribute a sale to an SMS and an email, so you'll be better able to asses which channels are your top performers.
Announcement 2: More Personalized Benchmarks
Klaviyo will now provide its users with personalized benchmarks based on six metrics against similar businesses in their peer group.
Having access to all this data is a massive advantage in eCommerce, but too few merchants actually use all this incredible data that's right at their fingertips.
If you use Klaviyo, you've probably had access to the benchmarks tool for some time now, but have you used it to improve your email performance?
Go ahead and start testing these new features!