Think about this:
- Google owns YouTube, Google Chrome, Gmail, Nest, and many other companies.
- Google is the most visited website, with YouTube second.
- YouTube is the second most used social platform.
Why is all this relevant? Data, data, data.
Google has access to A LOT of it, which means YouTube advertising has really powerful targeting capabilities.
Did you know Facebook uses user postal codes when determining income demographics? YouTube, on the other hand, knows what people are searching on Google and what stores the receipts in their Gmail account are from.
Ok, so maybe you don't want Google to know that you've ordered from Skip The Dishes for the fifth straight day in a row, but think about the opportunities for your business.
The ability of YouTube to match your message to the right people at the right time ensures your ads are highly relevant to your audience. That means you're not wasting those valuable ad dollars guessing at who your audience may be, but rather on who you know they are.
- Viewers are 2X more likely to buy something they saw on YouTube.
- Over 70% of viewers say that YouTube makes them more aware of new brands.
- Viewers are 4X more likely to use YouTube versus other platforms to find information about a brand, product, or service.
Users who are on YouTube are in a different mindset than those scrolling through Facebook.
People on Facebook are usually there for entertainment or to pass time, while those on YouTube are there to be informed and to learn. It's a big, beautiful search engine full of high intent users.
Video content may initially seem overwhelming, especially for a small business. It takes time and most people aren’t comfortable in front of the camera, but your videos don't need to be a high-end production to be effective.
Focus on creating ads that appeal directly to your shoppers' interests and intent, and you’ll be reaching the 68% of people who use YouTube to inform their purchase decisions.
Once you've created this video content, you can repurpose it in many different areas, such as on social media or your website.