We're hiring a full-time Marketing Coordinator to join our team!
Merchant Mastery is expanding and we’re looking to add the next member to our mighty sales and marketing engine.
This person will work directly with our Program Director to help bring top-of-the-industry content and courses to our community of merchants around the world.
On a typical day, you may be in a brainstorming scrum with your teammates, where you’re pitching the next podcast guest or suggesting content for the Merchant Mastery newsletter. You could then find yourself engaging merchants in our Facebook group, uploading resources to the Merchant Mastery portal, editing a video, taking a stab at creating an email graphic or GIF in Canva, creating / optimizing ads, or fine tuning the details of an upcoming event.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the launch of new courses and workshops.
- Assist with the planning of events.
- Help manage the Merchant Mastery community on Facebook and Instagram.
- Contribute to the Merchant Mastery newsletter and editorial calendar.
- Identify potential podcast guests and coordinate outreach to secure guests; coordinate podcast production schedule.
- Assist with copywriting for emails and ads. Help set up email flows and campaigns, and ads (Facebook, Google, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat).
- Assist with media buying, ad creation, and ad setup on Facebook, Google, and other channels, as needed.
- Upload podcast episodes and video tutorials to YouTube using video and keyword best practices.
- Oversee the production of social content via our freelancer network. Yes, this means you will get to practice your managerial and project management skills!
- Edit video content.
- Collect testimonials from merchants.
What we’re looking for:
- A background in marketing, PR, or communications. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant industry experience. Agency and eCommerce experience are preferred, but not necessary. Equivalent or similar experience will be considered.
- Tech savviness — you’ll be introduced to a lot of new tools and softwares.
- Some video editing skills would be nice.
- You must be an excellent writer and know the difference between your and you’re.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be coming into a high-growth, startup environment.
- Familiarity with Shopify, Klaviyo, Privy, and media buying preferred.
This is an entry-level role, so while we don’t expect you to have 10 years experience, an MBA, and 2 businesses of your own, we do expect you to be eager to learn, open to feedback, coachable, and always bringing ideas to the table. You will play an integral part in scaling Merchant Mastery.
This position is open to remote candidates in Canada.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with attention to Ivana.
What we offer:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work options
- Health and benefits plan
- Flexible vacation policy